Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you buy something using the link. Read the full disclaimer here.
As the weather cools in the Autumn months, there’s nothing like a mug of your favorite hot drink to warm your soul. Sure, we love to get our morning coffee or a fancy drink from a coffee shop or Starbucks, but they’re often not cheap, and the cost can add up. Not to mention they can have not-so-healthy ingredients in them like sugar-laden syrups. This year why not try these six healthy, warm beverages to soothe you this Fall.
Made with clean ingredients you can trust, these are some of the best drinks to turn to when a craving comes on. They’re excellent choices on days when your stress levels are high, and you need a little self-care. And these delicious beverages definitely deserve a place in your kitchen simply because they pack a powerful punch when you consider their health benefits. You won’t have to worry about adding empty calories to your day like you would with store-bought versions. So, if a healthier lifestyle is one of your wellness goals this year, these drinks will serve you well.
Let’s start with bulletproof coffee, one of the healthiest, warm drinks to start your morning off right. Think of it as your morning coffee with added benefits. This powerhouse drink can boost cognitive function, stabilize gut health, improve metabolism, and boost your mood. And it doesn’t take much more time to make than your average coffee. Just 5 minutes is all you need.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons organic ground coffee
- 12 ounces of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed ghee or unsalted butter
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia, optional
- Brew 12 ounces of coffee using filtered water.
- Add coffee, oil, and ghee to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
Hot Lemon Water
This next drink may not be the most flavor-packed way to start your day, but if drinking healthier is one of your Fall wellness goals, hot lemon water is definitely one to consider. It’s been known to provide a number of health benefits. For one, it can kickstart your immune system and flush your kidneys and liver of toxins. It’s also anti-inflammatory, has loads of antioxidants, and can help with weight loss, too!
And don’t feel like you have to limit it to just mornings. Some people enjoy a glass of this subtly flavored beverage before every meal. Give it a try. It only takes 5 minutes to make.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups boiling filtered water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of red chili or cayenne powder, optional
- Pinch of coarse sea salt, optional
- Pinch of raw cane sugar or stevia, optional
- Add ingredients to a mug and stir well.
- Allow to cool enough to drink.
Superfood Hot Cocoa
If you’re a fan of hot chocolate, you’re going to love this recipe for superfood hot cocoa. It may taste like you’re indulging in a sinfully wicked chocolate drink, but it’s quite the opposite. This healthy version is a delicious dairy-free alternative to store-bought sugar-laden powdered mixes. The blend of nutrients from all the superfoods can provide the perfect self-care treat to your body. Whip this baby up in 5 minutes or less, pour it into a mug, and get cozy!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add ingredients to a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Use a whisk or hand blender to stir until smooth.
- Pour into a mug and allow to cool enough to drink.
- Optionally top with whipped coconut milk or shaved dark chocolate.
Spiced Almond Milk
Next up is another healthy, warm drink you can treat yourself to after a long or stressful day. Made with ginger, cinnamon, and coconut oil, it can help stabilize your metabolism and balance your blood sugar. You’ll enjoy not just the taste, but you’ll also revel in the comforting feeling you get drinking this delicious warm beverage.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (can substitute with coconut oil)
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Use a whisk or hand blender to stir until smooth.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Healing Chai Latte
This recipe for healing chai latte may become one of your favorite recipes for a healthy and delicious cool-weather beverage. It contains anti-inflammatory properties from the turmeric and cinnamon spices and has healing properties from the raw honey. Give it a try in place of your usual cup of joe as an alternative option to start your day off right and brighten your day.
- 2 tablespoons chai tea
- 8 to 12 ounces of filtered water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons raw honey, or to taste
- Pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Add tea and water to a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain herbs with a fine mesh or cloth strainer and pour it into a mug.
- In a separate saucepan, warm milk over medium heat and whisk to form a slight froth.
- Add milk and turmeric to tea and mix well.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg and enjoy!
Here’s another healthy beverage to warm your soul. With the healing properties from ginger, it can aid digestion, relieve cough, help with nausea, and provide several other health benefits. It’s the easiest of the six beverages to make, yet you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how good and cozy it makes you feel.
- 3 ounces thinly-sliced ginger root
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons raw honey, or to taste (optional)
- Add ginger and water to a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Strain into a mug and allow it to cool enough to drink.
- Add honey and enjoy!
Which Will You Try?
You now have a choice of six healthy, warm beverages to soothe you this Fall. Remember, just because you’re trying to be more health-conscious, it doesn’t mean you have to give up old treats. In fact, with the right recipes, you can still enjoy a deliciously cozy hot drink. All while getting added health benefits for your wellbeing. Go ahead and give your body some love and treat it to the wonderful nutrients in these tasty drinks.
If you try any of these recipes, let me know! I’d love to hear your thoughts, so leave a comment below.
Loving Life–The Reboot!