Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you buy something using the link. Read the full disclaimer here.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and found everything they wanted on Black Friday!
The holidays are now in full swing. I love this time of year – family, friends, food, and everything!
Especially the cookies…yum!
With all the things we have to do during this season, it’s easy to let self-care slip down the priority list. There’s not a lot of time or energy to devote to yourself. And before you know it, you’re stressed, exhausted, and maybe even sick. Time to take back control and schedule some self-care.
The good news is that self-care doesn’t need to be expensive massages or yoga retreats (although they do sound pretty good). Self-care be can simple, easy, and straightforward. In fact, the best self-care is the constant repetition of small acts of self-love and kindness.
Holiday Self-Care Every Day
Doing small things every day can be easy. Here are some suggestions to get you started.
- Switch everything off (smartphone, tablet, computer, TV) for an hour and enjoy some uninterrupted silence.
- Stand up and stretch your arms above your head. Wriggle your fingers and toes. Shrug your shoulders up to your ears, and then drop them down. Do a few head circles, nod, and then shake your head gently.
- Breathe gently and deeply, in and out, three times. Smile.
- Put on your favorite song and get up and dance.
- Take the dog for a walk. If you don’t have a dog, borrow a friend’s dog and enjoy watching them live in the moment.
- Buy yourself a healthy treat. Choose the ripest peach, the most luscious looking mango, or the most fragrant strawberries (even if they are not in season – it’s the thought!).
- Sit under a tree and feel the quiet.
- Have a self-date and go to a movie or museum.
- Get some positive feedback. Ask three friends what they love about you.
- Take a nap. A twenty-minute nap or zone out can make a huge difference in your energy levels.
- Give yourself a night at home. Have a bath and eat dinner on the sofa in your jammies.
- Call it an early night. Take that new novel to bed and read for a while before getting a good night’s sleep.
- Listen to a meditation on your smartphone or tablet. There are lots of apps with thousands of guided meditations for everything from relaxation to weight loss.
- Treat yourself to your favorite childhood food.
- Take a friend to the park and go cloud-watching. Lie on your back, relax, and just look at the sky.
- Declutter your social media. Mute or delete people who drag you down with negative energy.
- Take one day every week where you do something for you, whether it’s a hobby, sport, bookshop browsing, or staying in bed reading.
Do something every day during this holiday season that nourishes your mind, body, and soul. You’re worth it!
Loving Life–The Reboot!